Thursday, March 19, 2015

dear mr.Achebe

Dear Mr. Achebe,

            I would like to thank you for capturing my life in writing. It helped me realize some things about myself. The book is well named. I enjoyed reading about myself from an unbiased standpoint. I now know why I acted how I did and how that helped me deal with my disappointment in my father. This book gave me a view that demonstrated my own however helped me see the other side. When the white man came we were all devastated. We all worried and this backed up my thoughts and taught me some new things about how I act and how that effects other people.

            I hope to learn from this and continue to live my life however live it regardless of who my father is. This book helped me realize who I am and many other things. Overall this is a thank you note. I need to thank you for documenting my life without bias and I need to thank you for opening my eyes. Thank you for showing me how I affected others. And thank you for showing me how to live happily. I owe you a deep debt Mr. Achebe. I know that in no way can I change the way I acted however I hope to act differently in the future.

            I am glad that you taught me so much however it is sad that I have no more time to change how I act. So at least I have learned how to act if I am ever granted another chance. Thanks again. I know that I cannot repay my debt and this note does not express everything that I feel and I wish that I had another chance so that I could repay my debt to you and redeem myself for all that you have taught me about life and about myself. Thanks again.

Sincerely,
Okonkwo

_________________

This is a moving book that touched me and will most likely change my life. This pointed out a few things to me. You are not the difference you make in the world but the difference in the lives you touch around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment