Wednesday, January 7, 2015

How to fall

"Just one more branch." I just had to keep muttering this under my breath. That was the secret to reaching the top of the tree. Don't look down and just keep climbing. That reminded me of the song in finding Nemo, just keep swimming just keep swimming. Wait why am I thinking about swimming when I should be climbing. Whoa look at that view. I proper myself up and took in the view. 40 feet up and all I could see was the tops of trees, so why was it so beautiful? Why was it moving? Why was I falling? Terror gripped me and shook me between the snapping branches that slowed my fall down enough so that when I hit the ground I could still move. Why wasn't I scared of trees anymore nor was I scared of climbing them? I guess I didn't get hurt, I didn't really fall, I lived.

 So I guess that I better find another tree with higher branches.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I liked how your slice flowed.
-SGC

12987654321 said...

I like the ending

Helen said...

I like how you were telling us your thoughts, it makes it sound more like it is from your perspective.

Austin's Day Off said...

I thought that this brought me on the edge of my... couch! I liked how the falling was a smooth transition into the hitting the ground. I like it!

Unknown said...

I enjoyed the reference to Nemo. It was also really exciting and fun to read.

Unknown said...

I Love climbing trees! Nice blog format!

Post a Comment