Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The heat of the moment

I slowly pulled the stick out of the fire and realized that it was burning, I quickly pulled it over to my hands where I sheltered it from the environment. Slowly but surely the wind blew it out prompting me to prod the fire again where I then let the stick sit for longer until it had a candle sized flame. I took it out and blew through the stick to  give it oxygen, the fire shot forward and out. I then did this again and again until I could coax the flame to a finger size and then blow it away. I did it one last time however this time I accidentally breathed in causing to things to happen, a burning sensation in my mouth and a burning sensation in my lungs, I realized that kindling had come down with the flame and burnt in my mouth and my lungs well I just coughed for a while afterwards.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Was this during the campfire on the beach?! sounds like an interesting memory. nice slice!

Unknown said...

That's a fun memory! Great slice. :) ;)

Post a Comment