Sunday, March 22, 2015

the record player chronicles


I went downstairs and was quickly ushered out of the kitchen by my parents. Before I could find the dutch apple pancakes. I slowly walked into the room as the new record player blasted We Are the Champions. I stared at it and immediately fell in love with the new concept all over again. For the rest of the day I played the best of Styx and news of the world along with my two forty fives. I listened to Another One Bites The Dust and Roxanne. I more or less made it my day to listen to every song on every album twice. I later went to Twist and Shout records purchasing my favorite album, Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, and about 4 other beatles albums. I sat down and listened to lucy in the sky with diamonds over and over again. I had found an album every morning since I have pulled out the torn case and played the first side.

Then 37 days later I returned from austin with 2 clear vinyls both of which had a title and date etched into it. And so began the chronicles of the record player.

No comments:

Post a Comment