Tuesday, March 17, 2015

One small step

"Initiating stage 7, stage seven detached" I spent almost an hour on it already. I had all of the staging perfect when I detached stage 7. I only did it too early. The boosters flew up into the rocket causing it to explode into a burst of flames. I had to make it to the munn. I spent the rest of the day working on it until I had developed the perfect rocket. I launched it and it made it into orbit. And finally onto an intercept route. I was on track to a perfect mun landing. "stage four detached" I mumbled under my breath questioning what I was doing. I fired stage three's engines, giving a live commentary all the while. I finally reached -100 meters per second when I detached stage 3. Then I fired all of the engines at full throttle. I slowed down to -1 mps. a perfectly acceptable landing speed. the only problem. I was 500 meters over the mun. I continued firing various rockets at various throttles until I slowed again this time right over it. I was on track for a good landing. and then I realized that I forgot to deploy the landing gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment